I had to rewrite a cocoon application from scratch over the last few days because the xml schema used for their productinformation was completely redesigned on my advice.
This meant i could not reuse the existing transformations. This was an exciting challenge so I've spent many hours (about 70) to get the job done. The first thing I did was creating a cocoon block that transformed the original (messy) xml file to validate the new schema. Next in line I created a cocoon block which will be responsible for reading all files from their repository (unix filesystem).
I'm pleased with the end-result so here comes a first screenshot.
I also am going to share the lessons learned from this huge cocoon annex xslt job among which:
- how handling escaping html (cdata) in a smart easy way.
- pitfalls encountered
- how creating nice popup panels