First I had to create a plugins folder in my %USER_HOME%/.sbt/ which in below snippet has already been taken care of. Next I created a build.sbt and I added the mpeltonen plugin.
$ pwd /c/Users/nxp10009/.sbt/plugins nxp10009@NXL01366 ~/.sbt/plugins $ ls -la total 3 drwxr-xr-x 5 nxp10009 Administ 4096 Dec 17 14:14 . drwxr-xr-x 1 nxp10009 Administ 0 Dec 17 14:13 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 nxp10009 Administ 61 Dec 17 14:14 build.sbt $ less build.sbt addSbtPlugin("com.github.mpeltonen" % "sbt-idea" % "1.1.0")
So next I created a new project according to my previous article and tried to check if everything worked ok. But I soon ran into following issue:
[warn] Host repo.typesafe.com not found. url=http://repo.typesafe.com/typesafe/ivy-releases/com.github.mpeltonen/sbt-idea/scala_2.9.2/sbt_0.12/1.1.0-M2-TYPESAFE/ivys /ivy.xml [info] You probably access the destination server through a proxy server that is not well configured.
So I had to configure a proxy for SBT to use. I could have created an alias in my bashrc script but I decided to change the SBT start script and add the proxy to the JAVA_OPTS
nxp10009@NXL01366 /c/development/sbt $ less sbt #!/bin/sh # sbt launcher script for Cygwin and MSYS JAVA_CMD=java JAVA_OPTS="-Dhttp.proxyHost=http://your_proxy -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080 -Dhttps.proxyHost=http://your_proxy -Dhttps.proxyPort=8080 -Xmx512M" ....