If you're interested in functional programming, you might also want to checkout my second blog which i'm actively working on!!

Friday, March 26, 2010

SyntaxHighlighter

Yesterday my blog was unusable during the whole day due to the fact that i'm using hosted files for formatting my code snippets. I really like syntaxhighlighter a lot since it allows me to copy and paste directly in this editor without having to escape ampersands, greather then or less then,....

Anyway... it seems like Alex Gorbatchev made a switch from hosting the source files on a private server to the amazon cloud. So the cloud should in theory be able to upscale and downscale when the request load increases dramatically. Just to be sure however i downloaded a private copy and uploaded them to my google docs account which has 1gigabyte of room left... Next i had to share all individual files and generate the links. But what i actually wanted to share is that if you have a blog and you want to host custom javascript/css files instead of completely polluting your blog master template...this is one way to do it.

Cheers,
Robby Pelssers

No comments:

Post a Comment